About us

D. I. Mendeleyev and P. A. Zamyatchensky at the Kushvinsky Metallurgical Plant.  1899

Due to discovery of the rich deposits of magnetic iron on Mount Blagodat in spring of 1735, on September 10, 1735, the mountain was visited by Tatischev, it was decided to build a plant on the Kushva river. Decree on the beginning of  construction of the plant was signed on December 17, 1735 by Empress Anna Ioanovna. In 1736 the construction of the factory dam began.

 

Kushva iron-smelting factory


The plant was built in 1739, and the first ot of cast iron was produced on September 6, 1739.

Since 1744 copper smelting was carried out from four copper mines located near the Kushva plant. The smelting of copper after 1768 was done occasionally and in an insignificant amounts. By 1797 the plant had two operating iron mines, while 4 copper mines were no longer operating. In 1801 the plant became the center of the Mount Blagodat mountain district, the seat of the Mount Blagodat mountain district,  authorities established by the Senate decree of March 16, 1801. In 1807 ore was supplied from mines: Bolshaya Blagodat, located 2 versts from the plant, and Malaya Blagodat-9 versts. In 1865, the production of iron was terminated. In 1872 there was a Ural Mining railway section of Chusovaya-Kushva. In 1900 - 1903, two blast furnaces were stopped. Since 1906, the main products of the plant have been open-hearth steel. In 1916, a washing factory and the first sintering plant in Russia were launched on Mount Blagodat. During the revolution and civil war, the plant stood and was launched in the second half of the 1920s. The plant specialized in the production of foundry iron, molds, pallets, annealing boxes, equipment for the metallurgical and mining industry. In 1933 the plant launched the first in the Urals and the second in the country cast-iron bottling machine. In 1940 the production of vanadium cast iron in blast furnaces was mastered.

 

During the World War The Second        


In 1941-1945, the plant produced steel, which was supplied to Nizhnaya Salda plant.

History of the plant:

  • 1735 September 10 The clearing of the place on the bank of the river Kushva for the construction of the plant and village began

  • 1735 December 14 Empress Anna by her decree approved the formation of the mountain "Blagodat" and approved the construction of the plant

  • 1806 The first steam engine was built in the district "in case of lack of water in the pond".

  • 1865 Production of iron was terminated

  • 1878 A movement was opened along the mounting plant railway, to which the Kushva plant was connected by its branch.

  • 1883 A blower with a gas trap was put into operation.

  • 1906 March 3 Completion of the open-hearth factory. At the factory, the first open-hearth steel was obtained.

  • 1929 The first sinter plant in the country was put into operation.

  • 1933 The plant launched the first in the Urals and the second cast-iron filling machine in the country.

  • 1940 For the first time in the country, smelting of vanadium cast iron in blast furnaces is mastered at the plant.

  • 1964 Completion of the foundry  construction

  • 1964 June 30. The first roll of 700*910, material grade ЛШ 57 for Lysva Metallurgical Plant, was cast in the foundry

  • 1967 Completion of the roll machine shop construction

  • 1970 Commissioning of the induction furnace ИЧТ-6 OM in the foundry.

  • 1983. Mastering of centrifugal casting of pipe rollers.

  • 1992-93. The plant was transformed into a joint-stock company.

  • 1996. Commissioning of the machine МЦГО-2 for centrifugal casting of rolls for plate mills, diameter up to 800 mm.

  • 1998. Construction and commissioning of two electric induction furnaces ИЧТ-10, capacity of 10 tons each. Mastering and introduction of the technology of manufacturing double-layer centrifugal rolls with diameter up to 1200 mm.

  • 2005 Reconstruction of the foundry production: - Change of obsolete ИЧТ-10 and ИЧТ-6 with modern middle-frequency furnaces ИЧТ-30, ИЧТ-20 and ИЧТ-12 produced by ABB (Germany), which meet international standards. 4 thermal furnaces "Bosio" (Slovenia) have been installed and put into operation, the company that supplyed thermal furnaces to such enterprises as "Store" (Slovenia), "Mercedes Benz" and others.

  • 2005 Final transition to centrifugal casting of plate rolls

Kushva Roll Manufacturing Factory

 

Under the decision of the Council of Ministers of the RSFSR in 1964, the foundry was luanched, the specialization of the plant became rolling production. The open-hearth furnace and blast furnace were closed, the rolling workshops were started, the production of two-layer, calibrated, nonmetallurgical and other rolls was mastered. On June 30, 1964 the first batch of rolls was cast in the foundry for the Lysva Metallurgical Plant. The plant began to bear the name "Kushva roll manufactoring factory". In the early 1970s, the enterprise moved to the Glavremont system and along with the production of rolls, diesel locomotive repair lines were placed.

 

In 1967 the roll machine shop was launched, and in 1970 an induction furnace was installed in the foundry. In 1983, the centrifugal casting of tube rollers was made. In 1992, the plant was transformed into JSC Kushva Roll Manufacturing Factory . In 2005 melting heat treatment furnaces were installed in the foundry. Since 2008 the Plant has produced high-level grades of the rolls, such as: ICDP technology for plate rolls and thick-plate rolls of hot rolling mills, in 2010 HiCr iron, in 2014 HiCr steel, in 2015 HSS and ICDP-GG, in 2017 HSS-GS. All these technologies have made it possible to firmly stand in one line with the world's leading roll manufacturers. Along with the development of technologies, the plant was being permanently modernized. In 2014 the thermal furnace No. 8 was launched, which significantly increased the quantity, as well as the quality of the products. From 2016 to 2017, another 4 thermal furnaces of the Slovenian company "Bosio", a bridge crane with a lifting capacity of 12.5 tons, a melting complex  was introduced. In March 2018, 2 melting furnaces with 16 tons each were put into operation, which significantly increased the capabilities of the Company and brought it to a qualitatively new, high level.

  • 2006 The company certified the quality management system for compliance with the requirements of the international standard ISO 9001: 2000. The certification was carried out by the German certification body TUV NORD CERT.

  • 2006 Commissioning of new melting furnaces ИЧТ-1/2, ИЧТ-8/2 ("ABB" Germany)

  • 2006-07 Development of industrial production of centrifugal rolls ICDP, ICDP-CE.

  • 2007 The production of plate rolls over 8 meters long was mastered. Start-up of a new mixture-preparation department.

  • 2008-09 Commissioning of three thermal furnaces ("Bosio", Slovenia). Organization of a separate site for the casting of small-section rolls and rollers for the pipe industry.

  • 2010 Development of industrial production of centrifugal rolls HiCr iron.

  • 2011 The development of industrial production of centrifugal cast sleeve rolls of high-strength cast iron for the construction industry.

  • 2011 Launch of the centrifugal casting machine 1/3, which provides production of special large plate rolling rolls and construction sleeve rolls up to 1700 mm in diameter. and weighing up to 70 tons. The development of industrial production of centrifugal rollers HiCr Steel

  • 2012. Development of industrial production of centrifugal cast sleeve rolls and rollers made of steel 150HNM. The development of industrial production of high-quality roll bars with pearlite and bainitic structure. Mastering the industrial production of centrifugally cast special plate rolling rolls for thick plate mills.Start of mastering of production technology for centrifugal casting of HSS rolls.

  • 2013 The development of industrial production of centrifugal cast sleeve rolls for composite rolls made of high-chromium cast iron. Commissioning of an additional two thermal furnaces ("Bosio", Slovenia) to increase the production of plate rolling rolls.

  • 2013 December 15. The furnace РР-К 37Т for drying and heating of casting molds and casting ladles has been commissioned.

  • 2014 on the 16th of June the thermal furnace №8 was put into operation.

  • 2015 The bridge crane №13 Q = 50 / 12.5t was installed.

  • 2016 on the 6th of July two thermal gas furnaces type PP-KJ 100/800, a furnace PP-KJ 54/250, a furnace PP-KV37T / 2  "Bosio d.o.o." were installed and commissioned. (Slovenia)

  • 2017 The 2MFT Ge 16.000 / 6.100kw / 150Hz-DUOMELT and MCTSO2 / 2 melting complexes Otto Junker were put into operation.

624300, Россия

Свердловская область

г. Кушва,

ул. Первомайская, 43

Режим работы: Пн.-Пт.

с 8:00 до 17:00

тел. (343) 345-09-10

тел. (34344) 7-50-00

620014 Ekaterinbug city, mail box 375

Address

620014,

Russia, Sverdlovsk region, 

Ekaterinbug city

Radisheva str. 33, office  49

Monday-Friday 08:00 from 17:00

tel. (343) 345-09-10

tel. (34344) 7-50-00